Sunday, April 12, 2009

Of Highs and Lows- rollercoasters and bump cars..
















Nope, I am not talking about those rides one can find in theme parks and peryahan... What I am blogging now is the highs and lows of the week that was...

I decided to use rollercoasters and bump cars, because they remind me of my childhood (everyone does)... Those were the days of security- daddy and mommy are always there to ease whatever pain I have... be it high fever or just a simple bruise from too much playing in the garden...

Those days when my Kuyas and ate are my confidante, together we will hide "little secrets" of our naughtiness from daddy and mommy-- but they will soon discover anyways-- being the bunso-- i squeal- he he

Those days when my yaya (she's not a loser Angelina--lol) will never remove my rubber shoes unless I took a bath or sleeps-- (that's the reason why I have "short-little-feet" for my frame-- I am 5'4, with a well kept weight in pounds --lol-- my shoe size is 6 1/2 or 7)

Those days really never left me-- uhm! they faded- but now they "resurfaced"---

Now that I am into this situation-- my daddy and mommy (though much older now to be worried) still eases my pain... My kuyas and ate -though they have families of their own and are located geographically away from me- are still my confidantes- they are just a YM away.. And my nanny who believes that being "in" is having small-feet (not lotus feet Jonathan)- is now with me here in Manila for the duration of my treatments...

I will start this blog from April 1 (hindi pa ba ako nagsisimula?-- he he)-- April 1 known as April Fool's Day- I decided to stay at home- in my room to be precise- hoping that the medical findings were just tricks.. Tomorrow the doctors will call, the laboratories will call, and the oncologist will call; announcing the big trick they played on me.. I was crossing my fingers-- This is the joke I wanted to be played on me...

April2, I woke up, and noticed the down pouring of the rain, as if the whole Metro was crying-- at first: there were pit-pats then it pours... the phone rang--it was the medical secretary of my onco, she reminded me of my appointment-- at 11AM that day. The injection will push through-- my yaya knocked on the door, she told me the water is warm enough for me to take a bath...
I stood up like a real cadette, and strode to the bath-- having taken a good bath and all dressed up- I brushed my hair- making sure each strand is on its right place- then I rushed to the hospital.

My onco injected 1 vial of liquid med (syempre alangan naman solid un inject nya noh!-lol) somewhere near my butt area (urgh!)-- the whole process was brief- but the bill wasn't-- tumataginting na 10K pesosesoses.... the name of the medicine was too complicated for me to remember- but it was some sort of hormone- to keep my estrogen level in the minimum... nope it wasn't depo-

The injection didn't hurt at all-- but I repeat-- the bill caused a scratched in my credit card (CC) again-- he he

I found myself all alone in the cab bound for Instituto Cervantes for my language class-- I was chatting with Manong Driver about the "trivialities" of driving around the Metro-- I am sorry to all MMDA's we berated you --he he...

Nearing Kalaw Ave. my blackberry (nope- N72 lang po- but it is black-- he he) beeped, announcing an incoming text message-- there were two messages- 1 from my honey inquiring about the procedure I just had, and 1 from my best friend cogratulating me- I just got my diploma from International Diplomacy..

My Spanish professor is !muy guapo y simpatico! .. he he-- he is cool. he doesn't want to be called Senor-- maybe he prefers Zorro-- ha ha-- he is adept to Filipino telenovelas..
After the traumatic "injection" (traumatic because I have to display my butt--he he) early that day- I went home with my new Ven Series listening CDs bought from the administrador del instituto--

April 3- the beeping of my ever reliable N72 woke me up.. it was from my cousin-- asking me about some family issues-- I texted her back-- as I raised my legs on the bed board- I noticed the bruises my onco warned me yesterday- he said sights of those will be appearing days after the injection-- he said the medicine he gave me has some thinning effect on the blood and I have to be very careful not to bump myself to avoid bruises--

I felt sadness creeping in--- I hate being sad- i texted my cousin and told her I decided to accept her treat to me-- all expense paid dermal cautery-- we went to Trinoma-- had the procedure, had our cholesterol and carbo fix at Red Ribbon-Yummy!-- thank you kaz!

When I reached home, I suddenly felt sick-- I was embracing the toilet bowl--whoah! I was vomitting-- (yucky!)-- I asked my yaya to text my doctor what's the throwing up means... The doctor responded -- its a normal process-- waahhh!

If being normal is having bruises, being sick and embracing the toilet bowl-- I'd rather be abnormal....

No comments:

Post a Comment