Sunday, April 12, 2009

I am FireLantern


When I was a kid, summertime means having overnights in Bituon Beach Resort (we would stay there for almost a week) .. the most awaited part of the resort life was at night when the fireflies flutters over the trees -we would catch them and placed them inside a jar to illuminate our rooms--but we never "kill" them-we would always let them go- we though Bituon was named after the fireflies- because bituon means stars in our dialect and the place is a host to gazillions of fireflies.. and fireflies are like twinking stars..

Me and my cousins hates it when our moms would shoo us to bed because we still wanted to enjoy the fireflies... we knew that in the morning there would be no fireflies...

Our moms would often say that fireflies will always be there- even in the mornings- they just don't light there tails because God never wanted them to consume all their lights, so that during nighttimes, when the world is in darkness God could still see His creation because of the lights coming from the fireflies..

Nowadays, there are no more fireflies-- firelanterns couldn't match the beauty of a firefly... with the going ons in my life now, I am just a firelantern hoping to become a firefly...

Someday, when I leave the earth, fireflies will accompany me to meet my Creator... the Creator of fireflies...

No comments:

Post a Comment